Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Food | An everything soup





It's freaking cold but I love it! You can wear layers and layers and you can have some hot and delicious soup. I had something else in mind to present you but because of my major lack of time this week I'm keeping it easy (but that's actually 90% of the time, oops). My usual routine of the week is buying an overload of vegetables and fruits on Friday or Saturday, really a lot because that's 1 thing I don't economize in. By the end of the week (Friday most of the time) I use all of my vegetable leftovers and fresh herbs to make a soup. So I really call it an everything soup.

While you're reading this I'm on my way to The Hague to visit an awesome, crazy friend of mine because 1. we finally found the time to meet and didn't want to postpone it anymore and 2. I'm in dire need of a celebration but I'll talk about that a little more in my next post. 
Back to food business! 

Ingredients (because I'm talking leftovers you don't really have to follow my amounts of vegetable of course)
1/2 paprika 
1 shallot
4 carrots
3 tomatoes
1/2 leek 
1/4 pumpkin
1/2 courgette
50gr of celeriac
50gr of broccoli
salt and peper
chicken stock 
little chicken meatballs (I bought mine at Delhaize)
fresh basil

How to make it 
Chop everything in little pieces. The bigger your pieces the longer it takes to stove so I put some more time in the chopping part. After stoving it for a couple of minutes I add boiling water until the vegetables are 'drowned' in the water. When the water is seriously boiling I add the chicken stock. You can estimate somehow when it's ready and then you can start mixing it because all those different amounts of ingredients don't really give an appetizing look ;-). When that's finished add the little chicken meatballs and start seasoning your soup! I really love fresh basil and it's a true delight to have it in your soup, try it out! Finishing touch with some sour cream.

Bon appetit!
Sabrina, x.

No comments:

Post a Comment