Thursday, January 15, 2015

On to the next one.




Taken way back when it was 2014. The new year still looked promising and invigorating. New exciting opportunities waiting to come along. 

Now that the smoke of New Year's has cleared, the painful truth already reared its ugly head. This year is going to be the same old crap all over again. Meaningless days and rejections already piling up. Sometimes I need to be careful that life doesn't drag me down. Luckily, I have warm and kind people surrounding me, teaching me that it is okay to wallow sometimes. But I'm done searching for unbounded comfort, starting today I choose joy.

Joy comes in many forms. It's the sound your new pants make when you sit down. It's sweating your ass off because you chose to wear them to a movie marathon. It's remembering this scene from Friends subsequently and laughing about it with people close to you.

Joy is definitely friends. 

Mango jeans shirt | COS striped top | H&M fake leather pants and fabulous earrings | Urban Outfitters satchel | Adidas gazelle sneakers

No comments:

Post a Comment