Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Food | Christmas Sangria



Give me red sangria during the summer but for winter I'll take a white one puhleaase. The perfect 'cocktail' for Christmas could be a wonderful Christmas Sangria. The infinite liters of wine and champagne during family dinners are a must but if you want to give your Christmas party a twist it would be great to start of with a 'cocktail', right?!

I got inspired by Pinterest but I gave my own twist to it otherwise it wouldn't be something new.

Ingredients
 
Bottle of Pinot Grigio 
Club soda (1/2 cup for each big cocktail glass)
Apple juice or White grape juice (1/4 cup for each big cocktail glass)
1 or 2 tablespoons of white sugar per glass
Fresh Rosemary
Handful of cranberries 
Handful of blue berries 
1/4 apple per glass 
1/2 lime (for dressing the edge of your glass) 

tip: I think pomegranate would go great with it as well! 
How to make it 

The first thing I always do is make sure my glasses that I'll be serving are very very cold. I'm lucky to have a fridge that crushes the ice but big chunks of ice will do as well. Leave the ice in your glasses until you start serving. You can use some of the crushed ice in your cocktail as well.






















When you start making your cocktail, put all the ice in a bowl. Then garnish the edge of the glass with lime juice and place the edge in sugar. Add your cranberries, blueberries, chopped apple and 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar to your glass. I added just 1 tablespoon because I'm not really fond of sweet food/drinks.























Next you add 1/4 cup of juice (of choice), 1/2 cup of club soda and of course our main ingredient: the wine (until your glass is full). We're not going to be greedy on that one ;-). As a finishing touch add rosemary to the cocktail. You can sugar coat the rosemary to have an extra Christmas touch!

Cheers!
Sabrina, x.

No comments:

Post a Comment