Sunday, January 20, 2013

Red lips, pale face, breathing in snowflakes.


“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” ~ J.S.

As I tend to always root for the underdog, I’m falling in love with winter again.. Imagine a winter morning, waking up from a blissful sleep, in a sea of warm blankets, opening the curtains to see this beautiful white carpet covering the streets. Then imagine preparing yourself for a good winter walk through the snow, all wrapped up in your warmest clothes, hooked in the arms of your friend or lover, laughing at each other’s ‘almost fall’ and daring each other to do the craziest slide moves over the ice. Next you’re entering this cozy little café, where a steaming hot chocolate or lemon tea is awaiting you right next to the fireplace.. Mmm.. And besides all of  that, you can always consider to get lost in a lovely deep winter sleep..
So yes, winter is coming (right, Game of Throne fans?) and I’d like to give this beautiful season of quiet quivering and silver shivering, a nice and (warm?) welcome.





With the soft falling of snow, everything becomes quiet and peaceful. Walking through the deserted streets of a city that usually never sleeps (ex-student speaking here ;)) seems to give me time and space to clear my head and just come to a halt for a while.

Like the city, all covered in white, I too like to blend in with the season of snow. I love the softness of white clothes to the background of a white snow carpet. People tend to wear heavy dark-colored clothes, reflecting their melancholic winter moods. But sometimes it can feel surprisingly refreshing when you combine white or subtle pastel colors (my favorites!)  with some winter accessories.
So that’s what I did :)

The whiteness of the clothes, on the whiteness of my skin, to a background of complete snowy whiteness.. it gave me a fairly fairy feeling..


Outfit nr. 1











White top: Promod
Jeans legging: H&M
Sneakers: (oops I forgot! and by frequently wearing them, the brand has faded away :p)
Shoulder bag: gift from one of my grandmother's friends (= real vintage :))
Large knitted scarf: Zara


De koude tante van Kulderzipken (childhood nostalgia) knows how to work the white-on-white look too!

(PS: How I'd love to eat some ice-cream with Mmmichael Pass too.. ;))



Outfit nr. 2













White dress: Forever 21

White-speckled blue woolen blazer: Bruphils

Boots: Mer Du Nord
Beanie: H&M



“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” ~ L.C. (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)



Have a brrrr eautiful day snowqueens <3

x, dorien






No comments:

Post a Comment